Friday, May 2, 2014

My Pregnancy: Week 9



Baby's now the size of a green olive!
Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood.  Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart.  With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like...well...a baby!

I had my first case of pregnancy throw-ups this week.  Unfortunately it happened just as I was finishing up a delicious meal on Pier 39 and I had to find a bathroom rather quickly.  This only happened twice when I was pregnant with Leila (both times right after eating) so I'm hoping that it continues to be a rare symptom.

My body also REALLY hates when I mess up my sleeping schedule at all.  First time I noticed this was coming back from New York and trying to run on like 2 hours of sleep.  No bueno.  Same sort of deal coming back from San Francisco because we had to get up super early.  I felt nauseous most of the day and got motion sick really easily, even when I was driving!  Maybe its a good thing I'm not doing any more travelling for a while.

While we were on vacation, I also noticed that my jeans are getting really tight whenever I sit for very long.  I had to start undoing the button and will probably switch over to my "fat" jeans soon.  And then maternity pants aren't too much farther off!

No comments: