Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Birthday Time!

Yesterday I turned 28 years old and Jason made sure to make it a day to remember.  I do have to give him just a little guff because midway through the day, we were chatting online while he was at work and I was complaining about stuff that was piling up on me and he said something like "don't worry, it's your birthday soon."  I informed him that it was already my birthday and he sheepishly admitted that, although he knew the correct date of my birthday he had thought it wasn't until Thursday.  He quickly made up for this little slip up though!

Before he came home from work, he sent me two gifts.  The first was a personalized computer game called Kaysie's Krazy Kwest.  I was the main character and after I beat all of the levels, a birthday message from Jason popped up on the screen.  Pretty nifty!



The second was Rascal Flatts' new album.  I had mentioned that I wanted to get it, but I forgot to look and see when it came out.  Jason remembered and bought it for me.  I think I listened to it at least twice before he even got home from work.

Once he got home, he brought home all sorts of birthday decorations, dinner from Los Hermanos, and some yummy cupcakes.  He decked out the house and then had me dress up like a queen.  Leila has proceeded to dress up her and myself ever since.  



After dinner and more gifts, Jessica came over to watch Leila so that we could have a night out.  The original thought was to go to a movie, but I wasn't really sure I would be able to stay awake in a dark theater, so we ended up at Trafalga to go mini-golfing instead.  Brought back the memories of many birthdays past spent in much the same manner.  Jason won, of course (as much as I like going mini-golfing, I'm really not very good) and we got our Dippin' Dots and played a few arcade games after.  



Not quite ready for the night to end yet, we drove down to Guzzles to visit Annie at work and get some yummy drinks.  Happy birthday to me!



No comments: