Friday, May 30, 2014

My Pregnancy: Week 13

Baby's now the size of a peach!

Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)

Out of the first trimester and on to the second!  My stomach and gag reflex have not been my best friends this week.  Usually my nausea only kicks in when I haven't eaten in a while.  I eat some food and it goes away pretty quick.  Not this week.  This week eating food made me nauseous and there were only certain foods that I could get down easily.  Even soup wasn't wanting to cooperate with me!

We were skyping with Jason's parents this week and his mom got all excited when she saw my belly and said that I was starting show.  First person who's really noticed/said anything.  Other than that, I'm still plugging along in spite of the exhaustion.  Hopefully that will start to ease up in the next few weeks.  I've got too much to do to feel so tired all the time!  I do think I'm starting to feel some little kicks and flutters.  Can't wait for those to get stronger!

No comments: