Baby's now the size of a lime!
|
It has been a good week for us, little one! It started off on Sunday, when we told our immediate families all about you in honor of Mother's Day. For the Ziebarths, I mailed Mama Z a card with instructions that she wasn't to open it until we called her on Mother's Day. Grandma Larsen got the same card but I gave it to her during our Skype call with my missionary brother Jared. One and all were very excited for us!
Besides riding the high from that, I also got to have my first official doctor's appointment on Monday. This appointment always makes everything feel so much more real. The part I was looking forward to the most was hearing the baby's heartbeat. I had a few moments of pure panic and worry when the doctor couldn't find it right away. It took a little bit, but eventually he got it, just a little higher in my stomach than he was anticipating. Because I'm carrying higher than he thought I would be at 10 weeks, he did an ultrasound to make sure that we had the correct due date. So, I got to see my baby too! When he took measurements, he gave me the all clear and we kept my due date of December 5th! What a great day!
Besides riding the high from that, I also got to have my first official doctor's appointment on Monday. This appointment always makes everything feel so much more real. The part I was looking forward to the most was hearing the baby's heartbeat. I had a few moments of pure panic and worry when the doctor couldn't find it right away. It took a little bit, but eventually he got it, just a little higher in my stomach than he was anticipating. Because I'm carrying higher than he thought I would be at 10 weeks, he did an ultrasound to make sure that we had the correct due date. So, I got to see my baby too! When he took measurements, he gave me the all clear and we kept my due date of December 5th! What a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment