Friday, May 9, 2014

My Pregnancy: Week 10

Baby's now the size of a prune!

With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress.  Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working.  (soon, legs will too.)

Last Sunday I woke up with a major case of morning sickness and ended up going back to bed just an hour after I woke up.  I slept for a couple of hours and woke up feeling a little better.  So, we went to Primary and by the time we came back home, I was exhausted all over again.  I ended up taking another 2 hour nap that afternoon and then sleeping soundly through the night.  I'm ready for this first trimester to be over so that I can get back some of my energy!!

I've been having some stronger cravings lately too.  When I was pregnant with Leila, my cravings would last like a week.  So I would want the same "treat" every night for a week and then move on to something new.  This time I get really strong cravings that last until I satisfy them and then I move on to something new.  So far I've craved fried zucchini, a snow cone, salads with Italian dressing, strawberries and cream, and bacon.  Sort of an eclectic pallet, huh?

My dreams are starting to get more intense too.  I am not one who dreams often, or at least I rarely remember them.  And when I do, I wake up feeling exhausted.  However, pregnant-me dreams all the time and, since I'm already constantly exhausted, I still wake up feeling exhausted.  Last night's dream involved me being in some foreign city on a high school field trip with a bunch of other girls when an earthquake struck and I had to try and get everyone out of our hotel before it collapsed on us.  Very intense, to say the least.


No comments: