Sunday, June 20, 2010

Strawberry Days

One of the great things about Utah summers is that just about every city has its own celebration of sorts. Each of these summer celebrations are different, but some highlights tend to include mini carnivals (complete with games and rides), parades, fireworks, and rodeos. That's right, rodeos. When the rodeo comes to town, a little bit of hick comes out in everyone. My favorite rodeo to go to is the one in Pleasant Grove for Strawberry Days, so that's where we went Friday night!

We're a little bit country!

Strawberries and Cream = Deliciousness in a cup

Part of the Group
(which consisted of me, Jason, Krista, Elizabeth, Carrie, Ashley, Taylor, Annie, Jori and one of Jori's friends)

I quickly realized that my camera was not going to adequately capture all of the action, so I switched to video instead. This video gives an overview of the evening and includes: mutton bustin', cash cows chasing, tie down roping, saddle bronc riding, wild cow milking, team roping, barrel racing, buffalo herding, and bull riding.



Since the rodeo didn't get over with until late and there was major construction blocking out way home, Jason and I opted to spend the night at my parents house. This worked out nice since we had been planning on coming back down their way the next day anyway.

Once Jason and I got up and going the next morning, we headed back to PG, but this time it was to go hiking.
What a view!

A Hiking We Will Go!

We drove up to the mouth of a canyon and hike 1.5 miles up to Battle Creek Falls. I had only done this hike one other time and it was a lot steeper than I remembered!


But we made it and it was well worth the effort to be able to cool off in the mist from the waterfall.

Later that evening we went and saw Toy Story 3 with most of my family (Dad and Jared didn't make it back from a campout in time). This was a great movie and a perfect addition to the Toy Story trilogy. We made our way home only to turn around and go back again today for a Father's Day dinner. It sure was great to spend some quality time with my family. A fabulous weekend indeed!

No comments: