Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's Positive!

Dearest Baby Ziebarth,

Wow.  I love seeing that written out.  Baby Ziebarth.  My baby Ziebarth.  Your dad and I have been waiting for you for months now.  Our lives were turned upside down shortly after we decided we were ready for a baby. Months went by and we felt displaced and more dependent on others that we would have liked.  Fortunately, with the beginning of the new year, our lives finally stabilized and you were once again a top priority in our thoughts.

A couple of weeks ago, I was an emotional wreck for no apparent reason.  Whenever this happens, I know that special time of the month is coming.  Disappointed, I told your dad that I didn't think we were pregnant.  He comforted me and we agreed that we wouldn't give up hope.

This lask week, I started feeling pretty crappy, emotional, and downright drained.  As time went by, I realized that this was different.  I took a pregnancy test, hoping that the sickness I was feeling was my body's way of telling me that you were there.  I was rewarded with a positive result and was ecstatic, to say the least.  I rushed upstairs and showed your dad the test.  His face immediately lit up with a huge smile.  He kept asking, "Really?  Really?" as he picked me up and twirled me around.  Yes, we are going to be parents!

Since then, I have had little else but baby on the brain.  I spent hours reading, researching, and planning--to the point where I couldn't get my brain to shut off and go to sleep even though I was exhausted.  I figure I'm only about 4 weeks along, which puts you with an estimated due date of 10/11/11.  I am keeping this record of your growth so that someday, when you ask me what it was like, I'll be able to show you with more details than I may recall later.

Baby, I want you to know that your daddy and I love you so very much already and can't wait to watch as you grow and develop to the point where we can finally meet you. 

Love,

Mommy

No comments: