Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Pregnancy: Week 4

Baby's now the size of a poppyseed!

Now safe in your womb, the ball of cells (blastocyst) is splitting into the embryo (your future child) and placenta.  Outside this microscopic spcik (the amniotic sac and fluid are forming into protective cushioning.

Your tiny little baby is busily settling into her new home (your uterus) though it may just feel like PMS to you.  So in addition to the miracle of life, you can also welcome these beautiful first gifts of motherhood: bloating, cramping, and manaiacal mood swings.

This past week I was feeling pretty crappy--bloated, nauseous, slightly crampy, etc.  Since this was supposed to be the week of my period, I dismissed these symptoms as PMS, disappointed that we had failed to conceive.

But as the days went by and still no period, I started to notice small but significant differences in how I was feeling compared to how I normally feel during this time of the month.

So, I took a pregnancy test and was rewarded with a positive result!  Suddenly, knowing why I was feeling sick made it not seem so bad. :)

No comments: