One of our goals since moving back to Utah has been to 1) do our best to get out of our house more and 2) to be more social while doing this. For Christmas, I bought Jason one of those Utah Entertainment coupon books. I spent a good long while going through it and seeing what we could actually use to springboard some ideas. Now we have a list, we just have to follow through.
Thankfully we were off to a good start when we went to the Tracy Aviary in Salt Lake last Saturday. We even fulfilled both aspects of our goal by inviting our friends Jeff and Cadence along. I had never even heard of this aviary, so I had no idea what to expect. The weather was nicer than it had been in awhile (although it did start snowing on us by the time we left), so we were all more than ready for a little outdoorsy time.
The aviary was a lot nicer than expected. They had all sorts of different birds in various habitats and we watched them all.
 |
| This fellow watched Jeff intently the entire time we were in his exhibit. |
 |
| Lots of brightly colored birds as the aviary was promoting its South American exhibits. |
 |
| These birds were busy building a nest right over our heads. |
 |
| TONS of ducks and Cadence was kind enough to fill us in on their not-too-pleasant mating rituals. |
It certainly made for an entertaining afternoon out of the house. The only downside? We left our coupon at home! Better luck next time.
 |
Yes, I also failed to get a decent group shot. |
No comments:
Post a Comment