Friday, October 17, 2014

My Pregnancy: Week 33

Baby's now the size of a pineapple!

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark.  She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening.  The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal.  (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.)  These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

I got to see my baby girl again this week and the best news is that everything looks good!  Unfortunately she is a professional at hiding her face so we weren't able to get a great picture.

She is measuring a little on the smaller side (a little over 3 lbs.) so they will be keeping a close eye on all of my measurements going forward to make sure that she continues to grow and develop.  I also had slightly elevated blood pressure but given the crazy stressful week I had last week, I wasn't surprised.  I'll be trying to take it a little easier this week and thankfully I am just about done with my sewing orders which will help a lot.

No comments: