Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkins!!!

It's that time of year again, pumpkin carving time!  Yippee!!!  My family gathered Sunday night to engage in this yearly tradition that has become a mini-art show.

Jason did Edward Scissorhands.

Annie carved a sailboat.

Mom carved Elmo.

I carved Thor.

Jared carved Walt Disney.

Dad started carving a vampire Mickey, but I never saw the final product.  And then we Facetimed with Jori and she showed us all up by doing a self-portrait on her pumpkin!

Annie and Jason finished quickly enough that they got to babysit Leila while I worked on mine.

Jason and I still had 2 pumpkins to carve (from the Pumpkin Festival last weekend) and he was all pumpkined-out so I got to carve two more last night: Belle and Mickey & Minnie!


I'm not sure how this became such a huge tradition for our family, but I LOVE it!!!

No comments: