My little girl is one year old and I had to plan her first birthday party. I am not much of a party person, and even less of a planner, so I was pretty stressed out about it for days (okay, weeks) beforehand. But it turned out great!
Picking a theme was a no brainer since Leila absolutely loves Elmo. That red, furry monster has saved my sanity on more than one occasion--especially on long car trips. Once that was determined, Pinterest became my new best friend and set about making decorations and party foods. I also made an adorable Elmo "one"sie and tutu outfit for the birthday girl.
.JPG) |
| Elmo's favorite foods are pizza and bananas |
.JPG) |
| I made the smash cake but ordered the cupcakes |
.JPG) |
| A Year in Review |
The guest list started off looking a little sparse with just my parents and Annie, but filled up fast once we realized Perkins would be in town. Jason's Aunt Patrice wanted to bring Leila a birthday present, so her and her granddaughter Sydney got a last minute invite. And then Jared was able to stop by too. We even Skyped Jason's parents for most of it too. Thanks for making the time to help make it such a special night for Leila (and her mother)!
 |
| Birthday Girl |
 |
| Lots of Helpers |
 |
| Straight for the chocolate mouth |
After the party was over and the birthday girl had been bathed, Alicia and I gathered our girls for one more set of pictures. This time they were all wearing the princess dresses I'd made for them! Leila would not sit still (of course) so in just about every picture she is about to jump off the couch. But they all still looked cute and the dresses turned out really well (if I do say so myself) I really enjoyed making them. In fact, I already made another one for Sydney and am planning another one (or two) for another friend of mine who recently had a baby girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment