On Monday, May 16, Jason and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary! I can't believe it has already been two years, but considering all that we've done, I suppose it makes sense. In the past two years we have: moved 5 times between 2 states, put something like 65,000 miles on our car, held 3 different jobs each, dealt with unemployment for 2.5 months, lived with both sets of parents for a time, and have started our own little family (among others)!
Some highlights from year 2 include:
Annual Passes to Disneyland
Enjoying the Outdoors
Being with Extended Family
Meeting up with Good Friends
Making Halloween Costumes
Finding out about Baby Z
To celebrate, Jason took over the planning and surprised me with a trip to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Cheesecake Factory has special meaning for us, as it was a restaurant we went to together while we were friends in Hawaii.
After dinner, we went and walked around Babies R Us to start getting some ideas of things we'll need. As first time parents, it was helpful--albeit a bit overwhelming. We ended the evening with a quiet night at home watching movies.
A few days early, Jason bought his own anniversary gift (with my go-ahead): hamsters! Jason was never able to have pets growing up and has really wanted to get something since we got married. Unfortunately, the timing has never been right. Even now, our current apartment doesn't allow cats or dogs. So, we decided to start small and have welcomed Lucy and Ethel into our home.
I am so glad that I made the decision to marry Jason. I truly can't imagine my life without him. Personally, I have gone through some pretty tough times in the last two years, but having him with me has made all the difference. He is so loving and supportive and would do anything for me. It has been really fun to watch him take care of pregnant me. He may be slightly overprotective, but that's a dad's job, right? I look forward to beginning this, and many other stages, of life with him at my side.





















No comments:
Post a Comment