Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Pregnancy: Week 20

Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe!


Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth.  And, speaking of the diaper situation...baby's genitals are now fully formed!

Halfway there baby!  And the best part is that your dad and I got to see you yesterday!  If I thought hearing your heartbeat was incredible, this surpassed it.  For the first time, we got to see you: your head, your arms, your fingers, your legs, your heart, your brain, even your stomach and kidneys!  And, we also found out that I am carrying a baby girl.  

You were moving around like crazy during the ultrasound.  You'd flip from your stomach to your back, hide your face, and flail your arms and legs.  Your dad was amazed that you had enough space to move around so much.

If my ever growing tummy wasn't enough of a reality check for me, this ultrasound certainly was.  You are really there and I already love you so much!

20 Weeks and Growing!
Profile
Waving! 
It's a Girl!

No comments: