Thursday, May 12, 2011

My Pregnancy: Week 18

Baby's the size of a sweet potato!

Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing.  And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon.

Another week (and another doctor's appointment) down.  The doctor said everything is still looking good and was encouraged that I have finally managed to gain some weight.  I got to hear your heartbeat again and still can't think of a single sound that brings me so much joy.  I'm also fairly certain I've started to feel some of your fluttering kicks.  Being a first time mom, it's hard to know if that's what I'm feeling of if that's just what I want it to be.  Regardless, all seems to be going well!

We also scheduled the date for the first ultrasound.  May 25th can't come soon enough!



No comments: