Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Pregnancy: Week 9

Baby's now the size of a green olive!

Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood.  Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart.  With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like...well...a baby!

This week was a big week for us baby.  Mommy started working full time at her job, and that has certainly taken its toll.  Remember how tired I was before?  Well, that was when I didn't have to be to work until noon.  Now that I have to be to work at 8, I find myself in bed by about 9:30 every night.  I can't even fathom what it will be like once I switch to the 6am shift in June!

Also, while I haven't gained much weight yet, my pants are definitely starting to feel tighter.  I have to unbutton the button on my jeans whenever I'm sitting for very long (which is most of the day since I sit at work).  Maternity clothes are certainly not too far off in my future.

I also had a few headaches this week and Granny D told me that she would get a lot of headaches when she was pregnant with me.  They were bad enough that she couldn't sleep and would spend hours upon hours playing Lode Runner on the computer.  Thankfully, I haven't had any since the beginning of the week and I'm hoping it stays that way.  I need my sleep!

Granny D has also been busy doing some organizing in her house.  She is attempting to unbury the changing table that she used with all of her kids so that we can use it.  They also offered us the cradle that Grandad made for me.  Yes siree, you are going to be one spoiled baby!

1 comment:

The Perkins Family said...

I got teeeerrible headaches when I was pregnant w/ Hailey. The nurse was like, "Do you drink coffee? Try some of that & double the tylenol." Ummmm, first of all I don't drink coffee & secondly I'm pretty sure you're supposed to stay away from it when you're pregnant. At least you're not throwing up. Just keep reminding yourself that it could be worse even though it doesn't feel like it :). Keep the updates coming!