See, back in my high school child care class, I made a set of paper bag puppets--one for each letter of the alphabet. Each one even had a little poem/song that went with it to help teach children the letter sounds. I still have those puppets, but as I began pursuing my teaching career, I quickly realized that they wouldn't last long. This was a shame because they took FOREVER to color, cut-out, and put together.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Puppet Craftiness
I tend to start way more projects than I actually finish in one fail swoop, so I seem to end up just rotating through them all since I have such a short attention spen. My current project is sewing puppets.
See, back in my high school child care class, I made a set of paper bag puppets--one for each letter of the alphabet. Each one even had a little poem/song that went with it to help teach children the letter sounds. I still have those puppets, but as I began pursuing my teaching career, I quickly realized that they wouldn't last long. This was a shame because they took FOREVER to color, cut-out, and put together.
To make a long story a bit shorter, I decided to try and create a more durable version of these puppets using my new sewing machine. I'm only finished with the first six so far, but I'm liking how they are turning out and wanted to share.
A bit of an improvement, right?
See, back in my high school child care class, I made a set of paper bag puppets--one for each letter of the alphabet. Each one even had a little poem/song that went with it to help teach children the letter sounds. I still have those puppets, but as I began pursuing my teaching career, I quickly realized that they wouldn't last long. This was a shame because they took FOREVER to color, cut-out, and put together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW These really look nice. You are way creative!
I'm totally impressed!!! What a cute idea! So I want more info on the story/song that goes w/ each one. I want to make some for Hailey, the paper bag kind I'm not up for the sewing challenge :).
Post a Comment