I created this little display to introduce Jason to the night's festivities. I made some Japanese Cherry Blossums (tissue paper glued onto tree branches) specifically for this but love them so much they will be decorating my house at least until spring comes.
First, we went to dinner at Hibachi House--one of our favorite restaurants. We had edamame, cream cheese wontons, and split a steak hibachi meal. Yummy!
We went back home where I had a couple of activities planned for us to do. Jason turned on a Japanese radio station and we tried our hands at writing some haikus. I had printed off a picture from each year we've known each other and we wrote a haiku for each of them.
| 2008 by Jason Long pigtails, a rock Sittin' on log in lava Future Mrs. Z |
| 2009 by Kaysie All eternity May 16th 2009 Oh happiest day! |
| 2010 by Jason Disneyland oy vey! Kissing missus Santa Clause On the cheek--friend zone. |
| 2011 by Kaysie A new baby cries Our family grows by one Oh, what have we done? |
| 2012 by Jason Mickey Mouse Ears oy! A cruisin' we will go now! Too much food, I'm fat... |
| 2013 by Kaysie Visiting old haunts and soaking up nice warm sun Return to Hawaii |
| 2014 by Jason Four Ziebarths all here Big sis meets little sis first War breaks out--be nice! |
| 2015 by Kaysie At one with nature Family vacations rule Yellowstone once more |
Then, we divvied up the mochi ice cream balls I had made. They didn't turn out great, but I would try it again at some point, being sure to follow instructions closely and not end up using so much potato starch!
Finally, we did some Star Wars origami. He'd gotten a book as a gift and figured this was a perfect chance to give it a try. He worked on a tie fighter and I chose C3PO. And it was A LOT harder than we'd anticipated! The way the book is designed, we had to flip back and forth within the instructions to figure out how to do different folds. We both gave it a good effort but didn't finish.
Being the perfectionist that I am though, I gave it another go this morning and sorta succeeded.
Jason got his passport stamped and we called it a night. Sayonara Japan!
No comments:
Post a Comment