"It's kinda sharp!"--said anytime I tickle her (January 2015)
She identifies stores by her own names--i.e. Macey's is the "monkey cart store," Costco is "the happy face store" (because they'll draw a happy face on her hand), Walmart is "the W store," Joann's is "the paper store," Home Depot is "the orange store." (January 2015)
She has shifted from calling church buildings "nursery house" to "primary house" in conjunction with her going into sunbeams. (February 2015)
She calls electronic billboards "outside tvs." (February 2015)
"Mom, you so pretty. Like a ballerina!" said whenever I get dolled up. (February 2015)
Every time she knocks on a door, she starts singing, "Do You Want to Build A Snowman?" from Frozen. She'll then continue to go through the entire song, mimicking all of the movements and dialogue from the movie. (April 2015)
When asked what her favorite part of Disneyland was, she responded, "Aubrey, Hailey, and Brynn!" without hesitation. (April 2015)
She called Splash Mountain "the boat ride." (April 2015)
Her new favorite response to any statement is "Really?" Examples": We are going to the store today. "Really?" Let's go to the bathroom. "Really?" Ellie is hungry. "Really?" (April 2015)
Mothers' Day survey: 1) What is your mom's favorite color? "Black" 2) What is your mom's favorite food? "Salad" 2) Where does your mom like to go? "The beach." (May 2015)
When someone leaves her, she usually exclaims, "I lost my (insert name/title). FOREVER!" (May 2015)
When recalling her visit to the Payson Temple Open House, she said, "I went to the temple with Mommy and Ashley. I put on white shoes that were like paper (the protective booties). I saw the water (the baptismal font). I saw lots of pretty lights. And I saw ghosts." (May 2015)
"Mommy, what does the horsey say?"
"Neigh."
"What does the cowboy say?"
"Yeehaw. Ride 'em cowboy!"
*claps hands* "Good job Mommy!" (June 2015)
After loading up in the car from swim lessons, she informed me that she wanted to "go home to a hotel." (June 2015)
She has taken to calling me "Miss Momma" on occasion. (July 2015)
She started referring to our travelling group as "my people" while we were in Yellowstone. So she would often say things like "Where are my people?" "I need to find my people." "People! Stop!" (July 2015)
After pulling her hair back, she ran to look at herself in the mirror and exclaimed, "Oh no! My hair is trapped!" (August 2015)
"I am a real chef." Said as she was microwaving a corn dog. (August 2015)
She calls palm trees "beach trees." (August 2015)
"You almost forgot your lips!" said to Annie as she returned her chapstick. (August 2015)
When we were loading up in the car to come home from our trip, she asked us where we were going next. We tried to tell her we were going home and she promptly started pouting. So we told her we were going to Utah. Several hours later, she started singing her own version of the Pirates of the Caribbean song: "Yo ho Yo ho a pirate's life for me. I want to go to Utah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah." (August 2015)
After being on vacation for 10 days, we pulled up to our driveway and she burst into tears, exclaiming, "But I don't want to go to Leila's house. I want to go to a hotel!" (August 2015)
"I am looking for Leila's house place." Also known as our neighborhood. (September 2015)
"I lost you very much!" Said as someone is leaving or when someone comes back. (September 2015)
"Something's coming...the pee is coming!" (September 2015)
"It is hard waiting for the sun to come up." Said during one of her 4 am wakings. (September 2015)
We often provide Leila with appropriate options to choose from to help her control her day. Once I presented her with two choices and she promptly responded with "Can I have more choices?" (October 2015)
At Grandma's house, Jared offered to paint Leila's nails. As we were getting ready to go home, she ran up to me with her I-want-something face and said, "Can I take my nails home with me?" (October 2015)
We spent sometime in downtown Salt Lake, near the temple (with the Angel Moroni on the top). When it was time to go home and we were walking back to our car, Leila was very intrigued by the whistle that indicated it was safe to walk across the street. When we got into the car she burst into tears saying, "But I can't hear the Moroni song anymore!" (October 2015)
During a 5AM wake up session, Leila had gotten really worked up and was sniffling for several minutes after she stopped crying. As I'm singing to help her calm down, she states, "I have the crying hiccups!" (December 2015)
No comments:
Post a Comment