Saturday, February 14, 2015

Two Years...

Growing up, my parents often made Valentine's Day a family celebration as much if not more than a celebration for just the two of them. In elementary school, Dad would help us craft very intricate and unique Valentines boxes. They'd give us our own Valentines gifts and we'd have a family candlelit dinner. It was this dinner two years ago that provided my last memories of my dad as he would pass away days later. I will be forever grateful that this tradition was in place so that I can look back on him chanting "chocolate, chocolate" and making Leila do a dance in her high chair. While this holiday is now laced with a wide range of feelings, including missing him fiercely, I am grateful for the opportunity to celebrate all of the love in my life and can't think of a better example of this than him. I am so grateful for the knowledge that our family will be reunited again one day. Love you mostest Daddy!

No comments: