Friday, August 22, 2014

My Pregnancy: Week 25

Baby's now the size of a rutabaga!

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches.  Her weight--a pound and a half--isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat.  As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn.  She's also growing more hair--and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

I had another doctor's appointment yesterday and am happy to report that everything is still looking really good!  My weight gain has (finally?) started to pick up at a quick pace.  In fact, I've gained 10 pounds since my appointment four weeks ago.  Guess I know now why I was feeling so stretched and uncomfortable for a couple weeks!  I've also noticed an uptick in my appetite, which makes sense since the additional weight had to come from somewhere!

I also "got" to bring home the yummy (cough, cough) glucose drink that I get to drink before my next appointment to get my glucose test done.  Fingers will be crossed that I don't develop gestational diabetes with this pregnancy like I did with Leila!


No comments: