![]() |
| Baby's now the size of an ear of corn! |
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long, she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
Jason and I had a discussion this week that my nesting impulses don't seem to be as strong with this pregnancy. By this point with Leila, I was painting nursery signs and sewing bedding like crazy. Part of the reason I'm not doing that this time around is that we will be using a lot of the same stuff for this baby. I also think that my nesting urges of taken more towards sewing because I have been addicted to my sewing machine lately! I'm sure that Jason wishes my motivation for doing housework had increased instead sometimes.
I've had a few more uncomfortable days this week, but nothing like it has been in weeks past. Maybe my skin finally caught up to this growing baby. Fingers crossed. I also haven't had a bad run of heartburn for a while now so I'm also hoping that that is subsiding. I have noticed that my appetite has been increasing so larger portions and snacking are becoming more mainstay. Good thing its just about time for this baby to start plumping up!
Jason and I had a discussion this week that my nesting impulses don't seem to be as strong with this pregnancy. By this point with Leila, I was painting nursery signs and sewing bedding like crazy. Part of the reason I'm not doing that this time around is that we will be using a lot of the same stuff for this baby. I also think that my nesting urges of taken more towards sewing because I have been addicted to my sewing machine lately! I'm sure that Jason wishes my motivation for doing housework had increased instead sometimes.
I've had a few more uncomfortable days this week, but nothing like it has been in weeks past. Maybe my skin finally caught up to this growing baby. Fingers crossed. I also haven't had a bad run of heartburn for a while now so I'm also hoping that that is subsiding. I have noticed that my appetite has been increasing so larger portions and snacking are becoming more mainstay. Good thing its just about time for this baby to start plumping up!

No comments:
Post a Comment