Friday, April 18, 2014

My Pregnancy: Week 7

Baby's now the size of a blueberry!
Baby's brain--both hemispheres!--is growing fast, generating about one hundred new cells every minute.  Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.

Another week down!  The "highlight" of this week was going to the doctor on Tuesday to get started on all of my bloodwork/paperwork.  The appointment went fairly smoothly considering I had to take Leila along with me.  Taking that girl anywhere is always a risk these days.  Thankfully she did fairly well, other than trying to run through the entire building whenever we were walking somewhere.  They confirmed that my due date is December 5.  Just under a month until my first official appointment.

Symptoms this week continue to be exhaustion, exhaustion, and more exhaustion.  I fall asleep around 10 every night and just can't get enough sleep.  I usually try to lay down for an hour or so during the day while Leila is napping too.  Still not enough.  I guess that providing an environment for that fast-growing baby brain is tiring work!

I've also had a couple days of pretty bad nausea, more so than I remember having with Leila.  During my last pregnancy, I tended to only get nauseous when I hadn't eaten for a while.  These nauseous bouts have been a little more persistent and don't always go away with food.  Still, I know so many women who have it worse.

My gag reflex is also more sensitive and my sense of smell is extremely heightened.  This makes dirty dishes and changing diapers particularly challenging these days.

No comments: