After spending most of the last month cooped up and battling various forms of a cold that just won't go away, not to mention Leila's first ever ear infection, I was going completely stir crazy and needed an excuse to get out of my house, preferably without my daughter (as much as I love her). So when I heard about a murder mystery party happening at Camp Floyd (a state park not too far from our house), I signed me and Jason up! Now, not only did I have plans to get out of the house, I tasked myself with making period costumes for us to wear in the meantime.

So yesterday we got all dolled up, left Leila with Aunt Annie and headed off to see what I'd gotten us into. We spent the first while sipping "Valley Tine" Root Beer, snacking, and playing various period games. They had Three Card Monte, Chuck-A-Luck, and Faro. We were given chocolate coins to play with. I was reminded that me and gambling don't get along well since I lost all but one of my coins very, very quickly. During the games, a "murder" happened and then we went about trying to solve it.
.JPG) |
| Three Card Monte |
.JPG) |
| Chuck a Luck |
.JPG) |
| Faro |
.JPG) |
| The Saloon |
Jason and I didn't do very well, but then again, neither did anyone else. There was a large group of teenagers that didn't really want to talk to anyone outside of their group. And then there were a few little kids that would get nervous every time I tried talking to them. So, nobody was really successful at solving the mystery, but I think it still qualified as a successful outing!
1 comment:
I can't believe you made your costumes! So cool!
Post a Comment