![]() |
| Baby's now the size of a mini-watermelon! |
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! She continues to build a layer of fat to help control her body temperature after birth, but it's likely she already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. The outer layers of her skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
I went in on Tuesday for my weekly appointment and Dr. Allen was concerned that I was measuring a bit small again and I hadn't gained any weight for almost 2 weeks. He wanted to do another ultrasound and compare it with the one from a couple weeks ago. If your overall growth percentile had shrunk, he was thinking they might need to induce me. Unfortunately all of the ultrasound techs had already left for the evening and Dr. Allen's next available appointment wasn't until Thursday afternoon. That made for a very long, anxious-filled two days.
Thankfully, when we went in for the ultrasound, everything checked out fine. I was even measuring back on track and had suddenly gained 4 pounds (must have been rib lunch I ate just before my appointment). The doctor was at a loss as to why my measurements fluctuate so much, but said there was nothing to worry about. Apparently you just have a hiding spot somewhere.
The ultrasound places you right about 6 pounds 13 ounces, so no inducing for the time being. Dr. Allen would really like me to go into labor naturally, especially since you are my first. Says it will be less painful and easier that way. I had kinda gotten my hopes up for having a baby and even pushed Dad to help clean the house and get everything ready--just in case we had to go to the hospital sooner rather than later. So now we are back to the waiting game and only time will tell!
During the ultrasound, the tech saw that your face was unobstructed and snuck us a few 3D pictures. I am soooo ready to meet you! Hurry up!
![]() |
| 39 weeks and ready! |




No comments:
Post a Comment