With our time in California rapidly drawing to a close, Jason and I decided that we had to make it to Disneyland at least one more time before we left. After all, Christmas and Disneyland are two of my favorite things, so imagine how excited I get when they come together! Since Jason is working now, we no longer have the option of going during the week when it is less crowded, so we ended up going last Saturday.
Upon walking into the park, we noticed this huge stage area set up in front of the Main St. train station and were curious as to what would be going on. A couple hours later, we purchased something and the store clerk casually asked us if we would be staying for the Candlelight Processional. I suddenly put two and two together. My aunt had told me about this event and said it is one of her favorite Disneyland events. I still didn't know exactly what was in store for us, but I knew we were going.
After waiting in line for It's a Small World (for an hour--yes, it was our last chance to do it holiday style. That is the ONLY reason we waited that long), we booked it over to Main Street, fearful that we were going to miss it. We just caught the end of the processional (each individual in a 500+ member choir holds a candle and makes their way down Main Street) and made our way up towards the viewing area. I am so glad we did! What followed was an amazing performance. I never would have thought that I'd hear the Christmas story while standing amidst hundreds of Disneyland guests. Intertwined with the narration were spiritual Christmas songs that served as a great reminder for the true reason behind this season.
If you are ever in Disneyland the first Saturday/Sunday in December, make sure you make the effort to stop and listen! You won't be sorry!

No comments:
Post a Comment