We walked around the Gardens until it dusk when we made our way to the Waterfall Amphitheater where they were showing Tangled. We spread out our blankets, ate some snacks, and enjoyed the movie. Because of how active she is, we don't take Leila to movies, but I was surprised at how well she did. The less-formal outdoor setting worked well and the fact that it was a movie that she knows and loves sealed the deal. She'd brought along her little Rapunzel doll and acted out and sang the songs throughout the movie. It made the family behind us giggle. She may try my willpower and my energy levels, but I sure do love this little spitfire princess!
Saturday, July 18, 2015
Rapunzel in the Gardens
Far too often lately, I am all too anxious to ship Leila off for some daddy playtime as soon as Jason walks in the door. Between her not sleeping, not having school during the summer, and still adjusting to having another baby around, even an easy-going one, I am usually more than done with being a mom by 6pm. I've been feeling bad at how short I've been with Leila lately and how little one-on-one time I give her. So last night I took her to the Gardens at Thanksgiving Point for a much needed mommy-daughter date.
We walked around the Gardens until it dusk when we made our way to the Waterfall Amphitheater where they were showing Tangled. We spread out our blankets, ate some snacks, and enjoyed the movie. Because of how active she is, we don't take Leila to movies, but I was surprised at how well she did. The less-formal outdoor setting worked well and the fact that it was a movie that she knows and loves sealed the deal. She'd brought along her little Rapunzel doll and acted out and sang the songs throughout the movie. It made the family behind us giggle. She may try my willpower and my energy levels, but I sure do love this little spitfire princess!
We walked around the Gardens until it dusk when we made our way to the Waterfall Amphitheater where they were showing Tangled. We spread out our blankets, ate some snacks, and enjoyed the movie. Because of how active she is, we don't take Leila to movies, but I was surprised at how well she did. The less-formal outdoor setting worked well and the fact that it was a movie that she knows and loves sealed the deal. She'd brought along her little Rapunzel doll and acted out and sang the songs throughout the movie. It made the family behind us giggle. She may try my willpower and my energy levels, but I sure do love this little spitfire princess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment