Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter 2015

Easter fell on Conference weekend this year and Leila was having a really hard time sitting still Saturday morning, so we gave her her Easter basket early.  

Ellie got a little basket too that included a stuffed bunny and a rattle.  You can see that the rattle was an instant hit!


I may make this a tradition because then Sunday can focus more on the true reason for Easter instead of the commercial fluff.  We dyed Easter eggs last Monday at my mom's house so we went back over there between Conference sessions on Sunday for an egg hunt.  It was a gorgeous spring day!






Ashley was Face Timing Taylor who was in New York for work



Easter is a wonderful opportunity to reflect on my Savior, Jesus Christ, and everything He's done for me.  With life being, well, life, it is easy to get caught up in unimportant things and focus on the negative.  This weekend, I tried hard to focus on the many blessings I have received.  One of my biggest blessings is my family.  I am so grateful for my parents' decision to be married in the temple so that I can be sealed to them for eternity.  In turn, I am grateful that Jason and I were married in the temple so that my children are sealed to me for eternity.  I cannot imagine life without the knowledge of eternal families.  The alternative is just devastating.





No comments: