Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Garage Shelves

I'm beginning to notice that I want to tackle some house project about this time every year.  Shortly after we moved into this house, I painted Leila's room.  Last year we put together our little home theater.  This year's project was building a shelving unit for the garage to try and organize all of our junk a little bit.

Jason found a tutorial online and I modified the specs so that it would fit our space better.  Since we knew all of the cuts we had to make, we just had the majority of the cuts done at the store when we bought the wood.  But that didn't get Jason off the hook entirely!

A lot of what needed to be done required two sets of hands which meant finding a way to keep the girls entertained while we worked.  Sometimes, this meant we had a little audience (not that this actually worked long for Leila).

We got it all done in a couple of days and I love how it turned out!  I will say that chances are this is NEVER moving though because it is ginormous and weighs a ton.  Guess it has just become part of the garage now.


Goodness knows that my list of projects I want to do is endless, but for whatever reason after I complete one, I'm usually good to put everything else off another year.  But this project definitely helped organize our garage!

No comments: