Friday, September 19, 2014

My Pregnancy: Week 29

Baby's now the size of a butternut squash!

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel.  Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain.  To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron.  And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice).  This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

I went into the doctor on Monday and part of this appointment included getting my glucose test done.  After I drank that nasty liquid, I seriously felt sick to my stomach the rest of the day.  And no, it wasn't just nerves about possibly being diagnosed with gestational diabetes again. :p It took a few days to get the results, but eventually they came back and, drumroll, NO DIABETES FOR ME!  I can't even describe how excited I was when they told me the results.  It was like a huge weight was lifted off of me.  I mean, its not like gestational diabetes is a huge complication or anything, but still!

With that news under my belt, we set off on a quick vacation to St. George and California, which is where I am now.  We drove down to St. George Thursday afternoon so that we could go see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at Tuachan.  Even though it is the middle of September, it was still plenty warm in the amphitheater and my feet felt crazy swollen for the first time this pregnancy.  And that didn't get better the next day during the rest of our drive to California for Jason's brother's wedding.  It was pretty much 6 of the most uncomfortable hours ever!  And it really has me dreading the drive home when we go straight through.  Oh well, c'est la vie of the pregnant woman!

No comments: