Baby's now the size of a mango!
|
Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.
This week brought around another doctor's appointment. Everything still looks great. My blood pressure was normal, my stomach is measuring right on target, I've been gaining weight, and the baby's heartbeat was right where it should be. I never get over how happy hearing that little heartbeat makes me. We go back in two weeks for the 20-week ultrasound, so I'll get to see this baby girl again. :)
Unfortunately I'm in the midst of another bout of heartburn today. This is probably the biggest difference I've noticed between my two pregnancies. With Leila, I only had a small amount of heartburn later in my pregnancy. This time around, once I get heartburn, it is bad a sticks around for 3 or 4 days before it dissipates. I can only hope it doesn't increase in frequency too!
This week brought around another doctor's appointment. Everything still looks great. My blood pressure was normal, my stomach is measuring right on target, I've been gaining weight, and the baby's heartbeat was right where it should be. I never get over how happy hearing that little heartbeat makes me. We go back in two weeks for the 20-week ultrasound, so I'll get to see this baby girl again. :)
Unfortunately I'm in the midst of another bout of heartburn today. This is probably the biggest difference I've noticed between my two pregnancies. With Leila, I only had a small amount of heartburn later in my pregnancy. This time around, once I get heartburn, it is bad a sticks around for 3 or 4 days before it dissipates. I can only hope it doesn't increase in frequency too!
No comments:
Post a Comment