Friday, June 6, 2014

My Pregnancy: Week 14



Baby's now the size of a lemon!
Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.

Good news is that the nausea I was feeling last week finally subsided.  Bad news was that some major heartburn took its place for a while.  Like this heartburn was even present during the day when I was sitting up and hadn't eaten anything.  Not fun!  Thankfully that only lasted a couple days and hasn't made a reappearance since then.

Overall, I have started feeling better this week and my energy levels are slowly starting to return to "normal."  I can pretty easily find the baby bump amidst the chub now, especially when I'm laying down.  Leila may not fully comprehend what's going on, but we've taught her that my stomach is where mommy's baby is and she'll come give it kisses if I ask her to.  It's pretty sweet!

No comments: