Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's 2012

This year we had 3 days of celebrating Valentine's Day.  Monday night we went over to my parents' for their traditional family candlelit dinner.  I always enjoyed this tradition growing up--one of the only things I did like about Valentine's Day.  I liked that my parents made the holiday a family one instead of one just for them.

At work on Tuesday, on of my shifts decided to decorate Valentine's bags and hand out Valentine's to everyone, just like in the days of elementary school.  Jason and I decided to celebrate the day after Valentine's in an attempt to avoid some crowds. But Jason still gave me flowers and chocolate covered strawberries on the actual day.  Beautiful!

Wednesday evening I got Leila all dressed up in her Valentine's Day outfit which included a skirt and bow I made for her.  We dropped the little cutie my parents' where she messed her outfit within minutes.  Go figure!  At least my parents got to see the whole outfit briefly.

With that, we headed for dinner at Tucanos.  Apparently a lot of people had the same idea we did because we still had to wait 45 minutes for a table!  While we waited, we wandered around a couple of the shops in the Riverwoods including a toy store where we picked out these little beauties:

Okay, so I picked them out and Jason was kind enough to indulge me as I wanted to take various pictures.

Hubba Hubba!

Another Valentine?

"Bike" Riding
Soaking up heat from a heat lamp
We finally got to eat our dinner and it was delicious--albeit a whole lot of meat.  Well worth the wait though.  After we waddled our way away from the restaurant, we made our way to University Mall where Jason got my wedding ring cleaned and we just enjoyed time together.  At the end of the night, I gave Jason his gift: a card explaining that I would be leaving him a love note each day for the next year.

When we finally made it home, we had one tired baby (mommy wasn't far behind her!)

This was our third Valentine's Day together and each one has been wonderful!


No comments: