Friday, January 21, 2011

Disneyland...Again!

Okay, so by now, you've prolly noticed that I'm a little bit of a Disnerd.  Having annual passes to Disneyland and living only an hour away was one of the best things about moving to California for me.  So, naturally, I was a little disappointed to be moving back to Utah long before our passes would expire.

Amazingly, just as we had made the decision to move back my cousin informed me that she had won a free trip to Disneyland and they were planning a trip for the middle of January.  I couldn't help but join in her excitement and start planning my own trip back despite the fact that we would have just been in California for Christmas, were still trying to move into our own place, and that Jason had just started a new job.  All of my planning paid off though.

We took off with my cousin Derek after Jason was done with work on Tuesday and drove as far as Vegas (seems to be a regular stopping spot for us these days).  Then we woke up bright and early the next day and drove from Vegas to Anaheim in time for park opening.  I spent the next three glorious days soaking up warm sunshine and as much Disney as I could.  My sweet husband was even willing to work from the hotel room for 2 of the days just so that I could get my Disney time in.

Here are a few of the highlights from one great trip:

*  Spending time with my husband--he may not always understand my obsession with Disneyland, but he still supports it!

*  Seeing Disneyland through the eyes of two adorable little girls--it is a completely different experience for them!






*  Beautiful weather AND small crowds--It doesn't get much better than this!

*  Catching some action shots--I can't help it, especially when there are newbies on board!


*  The BEST Splash Mountain ride EVER--We had just the right weight distribution for maximum splash at the bottom of every drop, including a small tidal wave just moments after this picture was taken.

*  Feeling good and tired after a great Disneyland vacation--This is definitely not a relaxing vacation for members of my family.


No comments: