Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Anyone who knows me knows that usually I am a very frugal person. I don't spend a lot of money on myself or any "unnecessary" items. There are a couple of major exceptions: 1) books, 2) office/teacher supplies, and 3) holidays. With that last exception, you can prolly guess that I rather enjoy Halloween.

This year, I got a huge free pumpkin from the preschool and made Jason buy me another one to "practice" on when really I just wanted to carve two pumpkins. When he decided not to carve one of the ones he bought for himself I ended up doing three and created my own pattern for two of them (how adventurous of me). I was fairly pleased with how they all turned out.
Jason's Batman
My Coca-Cola Polar Bear
(hard to get a good picture...sorry)

My Tramp
My Lady
My other big holiday project was figuring out costumes for Jason and myself. Since we are still living off of one part time job and unemployment, buying pre-made costumes wasn't an option, so we hit the fabric store instead. After several hours of hmming, hawing, cutting, and ironing, I managed to pull off a decent set of Fred and Wilma Flintstone outfits. Not too bad for no pattern or sewing machine, if I do say so myself.
Meet the Flintstones!
Yabba-Dabba-Doo!


Jason's sister, Jessica, also got into the Halloween spirit and dressed up as a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup package as it appears to someone who is allergic to peanuts: with a whole lot of Benadryl included! We showed off our costumes at a Tri-Ward Halloween party and then went to dinner afterwards. We certainly stuck out at the restaurant, but it was all good fun!

1 comment:

*Rachel* said...

you forgot to mention you spend lots of money on movies:) You guys look stinkin cute together!