Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Craziness that is my Life

Uhm, yeah. Believe it or not I really did make it back from Taiwan in one piece and with little difficulty. Not that you would know that, cuz once I got back I dropped off the face of the blogging world. Not that I didn’t think about it. But at first so much was happening and so many adjustments were being made, that I didn’t have time. Then I felt like I had to try and write down everything I’d been doing and that was overwhelming. So I stopped. And now I’m starting up, again.

My life since Taiwan can be summed up in two words: insanely crazy. I was back in Hawaii for a whirlwind visit frantically trying to wrap up everything with the School of Education. I managed it and still managed to make a few more last minute memories too. Unfortunately, I couldn’t stay there forever. And oh how I’m missing it now!

But back to Utah I came. Between family vacations and job hunting, I got busy fast. I quickly found myself working two jobs in an effort to replenish my depleted bank account. I started the summer off working at Just 4 Kids Adventures (a daycare) and added on my old job at MyFamily.com (or I suppose I should use the proper name, The Generations Network, since it changed quite a while ago). Averaging 50 hours a week, I wasn’t sure I was going to have much else going on in my life.

I was wrong. You see, one of my good buddies from Hawaii graduated and moved to Provo and I was lucky enough to keep in touch with him. Jason and I hung out a lot, and that provided me with a much needed source of stress relief. And I started to notice something else too. I was smiling, a lot. And the smiles kept coming! Yeah, we started dating the first part of August and have a great time keeping each other happy.

The coming of fall brought about a few changes. I quit my job at the daycare and started back up at school. Crazy, eh? I am now a student at Utah Valley University in an effort to get my early childhood certificate. All so that I can teach Preschool and/or Kindergarten. Well that and the fact that I was so not ready to begin “real life.” I’m a student for life!

Phew! I think that covers most of the highlights. I’ll do my best to dust off my keyboard and camera so that y’all, for whatever sadistic reasons of your own, can keep up with the craziness that is my life!

No comments: