Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Halloween in AZ

Jason took a couple days off work and we made a long weekend visit to my cousin in Arizona for Halloween.  And despite the fact that Ellie seems to be following in her sister's footsteps of not sleeping on vacation, we had a blast!




We drove as far as Mesquite Thursday afternoon then continued to make our way to Phoenix on Friday.  We caught up with Alicia for a couple hours that afternoon before it was time to get ready for the Sorensen Halloween party extravaganza!  Aunt Janae and Rachel spent so much time making this an awesome Haunted Mansion themed party.  I wish I'd taken more pictures because the details were incredible!


The next day we made our way to Carefree where a famous pumpkin carver (who knew there was such a thing) had bunch of his sculptures displayed.  And I just thought that I was a decent pumpkin carver!









Once we wrapped up there, we headed back to get ready for trick or treating in our family costumes.  I was Peter Pan, Jason was Mr. Smee, Leila was Tinkerbell, and Ellie was Wendy Darling.  This may be my favorite group we've done thus far.  So fun!




Sunday was just a fun, relaxing day and we let Leila play with her cousin friends so much that she wore out all 3 of them by the end of day.  That girl has so much energy, it is ridiculous!

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end and we had to drive home yesterday.  I sure wish we lived closer to the Perkins and Sorensens because we always have a great time together!

No comments: