Four is the total number of family members we will have come December. That's right, today I found out that I'm going to have another baby! The last year as been really hard for me and amid all of my trials, I've watched my "baby" girl grow into a very busy, active toddler. She wears me out and is always bouncing off the walls. Yet she is a constant source of joy--just like her dad promised she would be in her baby blessing. As time went by, I knew I wanted her to have a sibling, but the thought of adding another baby to the chaos often seemed overwhelming. Eventually we bit the bullet and dove in head first. No going back now!
Jason is celebrating his 30th birthday in a week and as part of that celebration, I have been giving him one gift for each of the 30 days leading up to his birthday. I had been hoping that I would be able to tell him I was pregnant as one of those gifts and was ecstatic when I realized it was actually going to happen! I was so excited, it was hard to keep from telling him during the day, but as soon as he got home from work, I gave him his present for the day: a box with the positive pregnancy test inside. Each present has also had one reason I love him written on it, so this one said "I love you for making me a mom...AGAIN!" He opened it, looked inside, looked at me and said, "You're pregnant?" I confirmed and he picked me up and twirled me around. We are both thrilled and it feels good.
I figure I am just barely 4 weeks along with an estimated due date of December 5. The last week I have had a nasty head cold so it is hard to say which symptoms have been cold related and which are pregnancy related. Suffice it to say that I have felt pretty crappy and tired! Hopefully that changes pretty quick!
No comments:
Post a Comment