Antelope Island
Even though I was born and raised in Utah, I have only ever been to Antelope Island once, with my Grandma Larsen. That was also the only time I've ever swam in the Great Salt Lake. I'm grateful for the nudge to get out and do things I don't normally do. We've got to see so many great places so far this summer!
These were samples of some of the oldest rocks in Utah which are found on the island. They are dated as being 2.7 billion years old! You can tell Leila was fascinated...
Unfortunately we were there during the first ever Spider Festival....shudders...me and spiders don't get a long. Leila didn't seem to mind her spider ring though!
Bear Lake
Bear Lake is another place I haven't been to in years. And there were really only a couple of things I remembered from my last trip: the fresh raspberry shakes and the KOA camp store. We started off our time here with lunch followed by a treat stop at the Chocolate Bear for chocolate covered raspberries (amazing) and other goodies.
Near the marina, they had some fish feeders set up and there were a ton of HUGE carp circling, just waiting for the food. Right when we got there, one kid actually reached in and grabbed one with his bare hands! Leila, who is obsessed with all animals right now, loved seeing the "bishies" and kept making her fish noise (opening and closing her mouth to make a popping noise) over and over.
After the marina, we drove down to Rendezvous Beach and spent some time building a sand castle. Leila LOVED the sand and had a mild meltdown when we forced her back into the car. The skies were overcast so it wasn't too hot. Great day for some beach time!
| Sand Castle Architects |
| My little beach baby! |
| Who doesn't like a day at the beach? |
Hyrum
The only thing we had planned on doing at Hyrum was getting a snow cone. Unfortunately when we got there, it was closed. On a hot Saturday afternoon in the middle of summer. Go figure!
Willard Bay
| Running away from the Daddy Monster |
| Leila gives the BEST hugs! |
No comments:
Post a Comment