Thursday, May 17, 2012

Three Years and Counting

Jason and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary yesterday.  Grandma and Grandpa Larsen watched Leila for us while we went to a movie (The Avengers) and dinner (at Tepanyaki).  Once we got home, we exchanged gifts.  Jason got me the complete hardcover collection of Harry Potter books (yay!) and I got him the first two seasons of The Muppet Show on DVD along with a DVD player to put in our bedroom.  We also made each other some cards.

He cut out a large paper heart and filled it with handwritten words of love and commitment.  I took a slightly less serious approach and borrowed/tweaked the following poem: "I've stolen covers till you froze; change my hair, my shoes, my clothes; I've lost it when I'm PMS-ing; may have nagged when I'm obsessing; I've dragged you hiking in the hills; and criticized your driving skills; So I think it's time to say to you, hey, I'm your wife--that's what I do!"  I drew little stick figure scenes to go with each part and was rather pleased with how the whole thing turned out.

I am so blessed to have Jason in my life.  He is such an amazing support and always knows how to cheer me up.  He has grown to love Disneyland (nearly) as much as me if only because going there makes me so happy.  He makes me want to be a better person.  He is my best friend.  Here's to the best decision I ever made!

No comments: