![]() |
| Baby's now the size of a crenshaw melon! |
Your baby is still packing on the pounds--at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix cascosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position.
I had another doctor's appointment and have to say I have been thoroughly impressed with how quickly they've been getting me in and out the last couple of visits. I have never been a fan of going to the doctor, mostly just from the amount of time it always seems to take. But they've had me in and out within 30 minutes the last two visits! Hopefully that stays true since I will now be making said visits once a week.
Once again, everything seems to be going well as far as vitals go. My blood pressure is normal (I keep expecting this to spike for some reason), your heartbeat is strong and steady, and you are measuring right on the mark. I didn't gain any weight this week (in fact I actually lost a pound), so they are going to be watching that closely over the next week, but the doctor said not to worry since you seem to be measuring alright.
After the typical visit stuff was over and done with, I was also tested for GV B Strep. I won't have the results from this for a few more days, but I'm not worried. Even if I have it, it only means an IV of antibiotics during delivery.
After he was done with this test, the doctor asked if I'd like him to check my cervix. I thought that he may as well and I'm glad I did! Turns out that I am 1cm dilated and almost 70% effaced. While the doctor obviously couldn't guarantee it, he said that he suspected I wouldn't make it all the way to my due date. He even ran me through all of the signs of labor, on the off chance that I go into labor before my next appointment.
When I told your dad about this possibility, he was shocked and had a deer in the headlights type of expression on his face for quite awhile after. I for one wouldn't mind a slightly earlier delivery, but want to give you as much time to grow and develop as possible. Maybe just one week early...but I guess I'll get my hospital bag packed just in case!
Guess it is a good thing we've put some more finishing touches on the nursery. Its been crazy how obsessed I became with this room. It isn't a very large room, but I have managed to cram a lot in there. And IKEA has become my favorite place to shop for it because a lot of the stuff that is on clearance right now just happens to fit in perfectly with the color scheme. A very dangerous thing indeed.
| Nursery entranceway |
| My favorite little nook |
| Complete with Mickey & Minnie lamp |
| Lots of places to store things |
We also got the cradle and changing table from your Granny D and Grampa Nolan. This set was made by your Grampa Nolan 25 years ago when Granny D was pregnant with me! We are excited to be able to share this with you too!
| Homemade cradle bedding |

No comments:
Post a Comment