![]() |
| Baby's now the size of a jicama! |
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
Not much to report on this week. I went to the doctor today and everything still seems to be going right on track. He did notice that my feet have started to swell a little, but said it wasn't anything to be concerned about. Just supposed to prop my feet up when I can and lay on my left side when relaxing/sleeping.
The dieting and exercising continues to manage the gestational diabetes and seems to be working great since all of my numbers are within range. The most frustrating part has been cutting pasta out of my diet. I love me some fettucini alfredo and have been craving it like no other this week. I've already made your dad promise that he will get me some from Olive Garden just as soon as possible.
You continue to hang out in your favorite spot: beneath my right rib cage, making it extremely uncomfortable for me at times.

No comments:
Post a Comment