![]() |
| Baby's now the size of an English cucumber! |
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel.
This week marked my first experience camping while pregnant as we participated in the annual reunion in Yellowstone National Park. Thanks to your grandparents (who let us stay in their trailer and fed us), it was a fairly pleasant experience. The nights were a bit late for me, so I tended to crash earlier than the rest of the clan, but not before I enjoyed me some s'mores! Judging from the increased intensity and frequency of your kicks, I'd say you rather enjoyed your time in Yellowstone too!
We also took some time to celebrate, well, you! My cousin, Alicia, has wanted to throw me a baby shower since she first learned I was pregnant. The only trouble was, she lives in Arizona! So, we decided to take advantage of having the majority of the extended family present and had a Yellowstone baby shower. There were games, presents, family, and yummy Mickey Mouse cupcakes. We are so blessed to be part of such a supportive extended family!
We also took some time to celebrate, well, you! My cousin, Alicia, has wanted to throw me a baby shower since she first learned I was pregnant. The only trouble was, she lives in Arizona! So, we decided to take advantage of having the majority of the extended family present and had a Yellowstone baby shower. There were games, presents, family, and yummy Mickey Mouse cupcakes. We are so blessed to be part of such a supportive extended family!
I also went to the doctor again yesterday and everything is still right on track. They've started measuring my belly now. It is currently 26cm and is supposed to grow an average of 1cm per week! I am also approaching the point where I will need to take the glucose test and got to bring home the orange goo to stick in my refrigerator for a week or so. You were kicking while the doctor was trying to find your heartbeat and he said that if he could tell that baby was moving, I certainly must be able to. He's right! You are getting more and more active these days.

No comments:
Post a Comment