There are very few things I enjoy more than having some fun with a good friend. Unfortunately I don't get enough chances to do just that. Thankfully I have friends who make time to play! This last weekend, one of my roommates in Hawaii came to visit. Yay for Laurel! :)
First, we spent some time walking around Old Town, San Diego. We visited all sorts of fun shops, listened to a mariachi band play Pink Floyd, "walked" the trail of the Mormon Battalion, and enjoyed eating some excellent Mexican food.
 |
| I Love My Laurel! |
 |
| Just for Fun! |
 |
| And I thought I disliked doing laundry with a washer & dryer... |
 |
| Such happy campers! |
After we left Old Town, Laurel was desperate to go and find the ocean. So, we made our way to the Hotel del Coronado. Can I just say that this is an incredible location? Aside from the history, the grandeur of this establishment is almost overwhelming. In one evening, spending a night there made it onto my life "to do" list. Guess I better start saving my sheckles! We walked around the public areas of the hotel and then spent some time chilling on the beach--just like we used to do in Hawaii.
The next day, we made our way back down to San Diego, only this time our destination was Balboa Park. We sampled bits of international culture, tradition, and food while meandering through the International Cottages. Then, we made our way to a few of the botanical gardens and just wandered around the park in general.
 |
| Spreckles Outdoor Organ |
 |
| I Love My Jason Too! |
 |
| Ooo La La! |

I was certainly sad to say goodbye that afternoon, but she had to drive back to Phoenix. Thankfully, that drive isn't nearly as long as it once was so we can visit each other more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment