Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Joys of Being Social

I know I started slacking again.  But believe it or not these past few weeks have been rather entertaining.  While I was teaching, I didn't have time for much else besides schoolwork and Jason, so I allowed myself to become a social hermit for a time.  That all changed these last couple weeks. 

Since I last wrote I have eaten dinner with one of Jason's missionary buddies and his little family, attended a bridal shower for my almost sister, had a sleepover with my two youngest siblings and an old roomie from Hawaii, had a family dinner, enjoyed a dinner/game night with my best friend growing up, went with another old roomie from Hawaii to pick up her wedding dress, had a charming lunch with my roomie from my short time at BYU-Provo, and threw a Super Bowl dinner party and game night with a couple of Hawaii buddies.  Phew!  What a list!  Sadly, I didn't pick up my camera once to visually capture the good times.  But at least I ventured out!

Spending all of this time with people who have been sorely missed in my life of late reminded me of just how blessed I am to have such good family and friends.  And I don't just mean those who are here in Utah and up for the occasional play date.  There are many others across the nation (and even worldwide).  To all y'all, thanks for being a part of my life!

No comments: