Packrats-collectors of miscellaneous useless objects, aka my family.

Out of sight, out of mind; right?
I have spent at least 10 hours over the past two days sorting through all of these boxes. And I am still not done yet! I managed to fill up both of our large rubbish cans along with the large recycling bin. And this is all just the first sweep. Since the boxes represent a conglomeration of seven people's stuff, I felt I needed to give them a final chance to salvage some of the items. So I sorted these items into individual boxes for each person and am going to have them go through them. I still haven't tackled the closet or desks and I need my dad to get rid of the remains of past computers, but at least its a start.
The worst part? For the past four years I have been going to school/living in Hawaii. Since flying was my only option of getting to and fro (not so into being on a boat for that long) my luggage was limited to two suitcases and two carryons. Believe you me, I got very good at packing a bag.
Yet even with these restrictions, my stuff expanded expontentially. By the time graduation rolled around, I sent one full suitcase home with my family, completely stuffed two more, shipped 2 boxes home, and dumped the contents of at least one more. I left one suitcase in Hawaii while I ventured off to Taiwan and by the time I returned for it a mere two months later I had to do yet another round of purging. Is there a storage-for-the-crap-I-don't-know-what-to-do-with room in my future?
No comments:
Post a Comment