Over the past several weeks, I have been working with Microsoft Publisher to create various documents such as a flyer, newsletter, and list of classroom rules. I am an old friend of Publisher, so I've rather enjoyed this process.
I like Publisher because it provides numerous templates for a variety of projects. These templates are easily manipulated, even for beginners. This would be useful in a classroom because it would allow students to create professional-looking documents with ease. It also makes the teacher look more computer-saavy when sending home notes, newsletters, calendars, etc. to parents.
I have also been filling out my Google Site a little more. It now includes items such as a class calendar, students of the week, and homework assignments. I can see this becoming a valuable tool to help open up communication between parents, teachers, and students.
The key to making this work would be to make sure that parents know that it is available. It is also important that the teacher keep it updated, otherwise it becomes pointless.
No comments:
Post a Comment